Defamation of character

Legal Q&ADefamation of character
Reader asked 4 years ago

How do i sue someone for defamation of character?

1 Answers
Dave Alden answered 4 years ago

That’s a pretty broad question, Greg. Anytime someone is asking “How do I …” with respect to a court, you have to know which court they’re asking about. Assuming you’re asking about an action in the United States, is it state or federal? Which court is it? The rules vary. Also, are you planning to represent yourself or are you looking for an attorney?
So the answer to your question is as broad as the question itself, “How do I sue someone …” You draft a complaint, serve it and file it.
You’re welcome to add some detail and narrow the question you’re asking. People here are happy to help. We just need to know, a little more specifically, what you’re looking for.
Best, — Dave