Guardianship of Minor Child After Parental Death

Legal Q&ACategory: Family Law - Divorce & CustodyGuardianship of Minor Child After Parental Death
Maisyn asked 3 years ago

How do you establish who gets your child if both parents die unexpectedly?

1 Answers
Dave Alden answered 3 years ago

Hi Maisyn,
Perhaps the easiest way is for the parents to indicate their desire in their Will. You can find a number of resources for creating a Will in our Bookstore and Will forms. Some legal plans also have Will preparation as a free member benefit.
For online articles, search ‘deceased parent child guardian’ using’s Legal Research tool.
Hope this helps!